Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another day, another blog post!

I know, you are shivering from the excitement right???

I am not sure what is going on with my mojo this week, maybe its a distraction from the anticipatory grief of my daughter leaving for bootcamp? Who knows? All I know is that when the mood strikes, I need to craft!!! Next Tuesday I am getting new carpet in my craft room so that means this weekend I have to take everything OUT of there - so no crafting for me after Saturday for a few days  :(

I ordered the Meadow Lark Layout kit from Angela Holt Designs a few weeks ago and have been just "looking" at it on my desk. http://www.angelaholtdesigns.com/2012/03/meadow-lark-layout-plus-kit.html I loved her example so I started thinking I should do this for Mom & Dad's wedding picture. I was actually considering giving this to Mom for Mothers Day....but she told me back at Christmas that she doesn't really like homemade gifts so I will probably just hang it on the wall at home.

I loved the bird cage that camd with the kit from Want2Scrap and that is also where the blingy butterflies came from. I cut the birds out of one of the pieces of paper that came with the kit. I put the butterflys on vellum and fussy cut around them so I could make them more dimensional. I didn't use a lot of the flowers that came with the kit, I have a TON of Prima Flowers and I liked mine a bit better. Don't laugh but I had this pearl bracelet that I got free from a fine jewelry store that has been sitting in my jewelry box for about 2 years - I couldn't wear it because it was too small, so I clipped the clasp off of it and used it for embellishment too. I had tons of bling that I added to the background. Oh, and I went outside last night in my pajamas at 11:00 pm to collect sticks from the front tree to perch my birds on. LOL

I think it turned out pretty good. I painted a frame I had laying around the house so it it already in a wood frame.


I went back after I had taken a few pictures and added a Tim Holtz crown to the smaller bird. Thanks for looking! ~Carrie





No comments:

Post a Comment